Troubleshooting PDF Files
Important: Most PDF files on the VRS website require Adobe Reader® version 8 and above. Some forms will open on older versions.
We try to make all of our forms available by designing for the lowest common denominator. However, with so many different computers, platforms, browsers and versions, some users may experience difficulty opening PDF files. The following instructions should correct this problem for most users.
In order for a PDF file to open, you will need to configure your browser to "Run ActiveX Controls and Plug-ins". Enable this browser setting by following these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Select "Tools"
- Select "Internet Options"
- Select the "Security Tab" across the top.
- Select the Web Content Zone "Internet"
- Select "Custom Level..."
- Make sure the radio button under "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins" is set to "Enable"
- Select "OK"
- When the computer prompts "Are you sure you want to change the security settings for this zone?" Select Yes.
- Select "OK"
Still not Working?
- Right-click the link to the PDF using your mouse pointer.
- Select "Save Target As" from the pop-up menu (see Figure 1).
- Save the PDF directly to your computer.
- When the form has downloaded completely, browse to the location you saved it to.
- Double click on the file to open it.
If you continue to experience difficulty in opening PDF files, please contact the webmaster.